` Home - Don Roberts Spa School

152 East US Route 30
Schererville, IN 46375
(219) 200-3184

Home

femh

Don Roberts School of Hair Design

Schererville Indiana

 (219) 864-1600

 

Growth in the industry continues to increase.  

Jobs are plentiful!
Complete your education in a year or less!
Join the excitement of the industry and begin your education at Don Roberts School of Hair Design.

 

 

 

What is New in 2014?

Mr. Mike Hill.

Mike is a well seasoned educator, that has 32 years of cosmetology experience behind the chair. He is exceptionally talented, has a love for the industry and is passionate about his clients, their needs and the education of those around him. 

He is originally from Crown Point Indiana, has worked for 15 years in Chicago and returned to Indiana for what he calls a, “calmer atmosphere”.  Go figure.

He describes himself as a “People Person”, that enjoys the one on one time spent with each of his clients.  His “high” is the positive transformation that he can give a client in just an hour!  He loves their HAPPY TEARS! 

Mike is a successful, self employed hair designer that spends four days a week behind the chair.  The remainder of the week he spends in education.  Whether with an apprentice or in the in the classroom he brings mutiple talents and is very willing to share!

I am grateful that his second passion is education.  He shares this growing passion and talent exclusively with the DR educators. 

Mike has recently been appointed the title of “Director of Advanced Studies”. 

The title suits him. As a student that has been in his classroom multiple times and had the benefit of his talent, I can tell those that are considering a career in the cosmetology field that BEAUTY DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE and when choosing a school, it is key to know who educates the educators. 

It is not about the size or the look of the school.

What will make a difference is the quality of the education provided.

Mike Hill is key to the educational standard at Don Roberts SHD. 

Jan Stemmer, CEO

 

Don Roberts School of Hair Design is a Full Service Spa School.  It offers cosmetology, esthetics, manicuring and instructors training programs, that lead to licensure.  Additionally offered are short term studies, that do not lead to licensure. These studies provide personal enrichment for each participant.

The Don Roberts School of Hair Design was the pioneer cosmetology school in Northwest Indiana, and  for the most recent 50 plus years has provided the Chicagoland area with thousands of well trained, licensed cosmetologists, estheticians, manicurists and cosmetology instructors, working both in Indiana and Illinois.

The Don Roberts School of Hair Design has an objective that is not unique but simple… a well trained Cosmetology, Beauty, and Spa School Graduate.  This is essential for success in the world of Professional Cosmetology.   Exceptional Education is provided.

What makes our objective unique is our inovative approach to detailed education.   Our core curriculum is continually updated to meet the demands of the industry.

We are proud of our students and graduates.

For the 2012 calendar year, 100% of the students who sat for the licensing exam passed their first exam. They immediatley were able to go to work.  The cummulative average for the licensing exam during this same period of time was 96.2%.  Of this same group, 89% were employed prior to or after licensure.  For personal reasons, the remaining 11% chose not to go to work immediately.

The Don Roberts School of Hair Design is privately owned.  It is not owned by a large corporation or group of investors.  

We take the education of each student very seriously.  New students “move in” for a year and a professional career in cosmetology is easily attainable in that same year!

Staff members  are involved in the needs of the student learners.  The staff mentors  with each student so that we can maintain our high completion, licesure, and placement rates, which are envied by many.

Take charge of your future! 

Call now for your first interview!


cosmetology school graduate blog beauty school student blog

Advantages of Attending Beauty School


Learn About Spa Treatments for Relaxation at a Beauty and Spa School


COFFEE... Beauticians - see this!


How Much is a Make Up Artist’s Salary?


Choosing an Appropriate Hair Style


Long Hairstyles - A Great Look


STEPS IN FINDING A COSMETOLOGY SCHOOL


FAQs ABOUT A COSMETOLOGY SCHOOL


Beauty School - Shampoo That Career Right Into Your Hair!


Why Attend Makeup Schools in Indiana


Beauty Schools Offer More than Just Makeup and Hair Careers


The Best Hair Styles for This Year


 

Register for Don Roberts Spa School Email Updates