To Know …
Ask yourself if a successful career just happens.
Ask yourself if a successful career comes easy and without hard work.
Our school is about success, hard work and exceptional outcomes.
Any exciting new career requires sincere effort and daily application. it takes a “team” of educators that are dedicated to success of each student. We are the most qualified team in Northwest Indiana. Our educators provide one on one education. Our education is communicated through a hands-on experience.
We are proud of our exceptional 50 plus year’s history. We work hard to maintain our high completions, exceptional first time licensing rates/ 100% and successful long term placement of our graduates. Our outcomes rates are exceptional and envied by many.
Know your own strengths. At Don Roberts School of Hair Design we have seen students enroll and find their passion! Their energy is positive and contagious every day of class. They never seem to tire and are pleasure to educate. This could be you!
Cosmetology, Barber, Esthetics, Manicuring and Instructors careers are rewarding, flexible and only the beginning of a path that can go anywhere. Become the driver of your future! Your passion must be obvious, almost to the bridge of being exhausting to you, and those around you! The industry demands perfection, detail and desire. You bring the desire, we offer the detailed education and the practice that will provide the perfection needed for success.
If you would you like to experience a Discovery Day, visit the campus and experience the opportunity to talk with the students and staff, email or call our enrollment office.
JOIN US FOR A DISCOVERY DAY TO RECEIVE A:
Visit with Campus of Interest
Tour Student Clinic & Classrooms
Meet with a Financial Aid Specialist
Don Roberts School of Hair Design
152 East US Route 30
Schererville, Indiana 46375
Web Site: www.donrobertsspaschool.com
152 East US Route 30 is our main unit; educational classes are also held in units 144 & 146 East US Route 30, Schererville, IN 46375, respectfully. Students are asked to attend classes in all three suites.
The campus is located 1 mile east of Route 41/Indianapolis Blvd. And US Route 30/Oak Ridge Center.
Indiana Professional Licensing Agency
402 West Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
National Accrediting Commission Of Career Arts and Sciences
3015 Colvin Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Hours of Operation: Wednesday – Friday 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Completed and signed enrollment application
- Copy of birth certificate or valid passport
- Proof of GED/certification letter or high school completion/diploma/Sealed transcript or state verification of Home Schooling/12th Grade Completion
- Copy of Driver’s License/Government issued ID
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of document(s) that verify any change of name
- All programs offered have the same admissions criteria
- The school reserves the right to review all applications on an individual basis.
- All documents must be in English. Only government approved translations will be accepted.
- All documents must have the same name(s)
- This institute does not admit ATB/Ability to Benefit Policy students.
- Prior to Enrollment
- View the schools web site www.donrobertsspaschool.com; including, but not specific to the Student Handbook and Orientation tabs
- Attend an orientation at the school campus.
Please feel free to download and pre-fill out our enrollment application – you can submit it by scanning and emailing it to us at email@example.com or bring it in, otherwise, one will be provided for you here at campus before your student orientation.
High School/GED Policy
As a condition for enrollment, Don Roberts School of Hair Design requires that students provide valid proof of education. This includes a copy of a prospective student’s high school diploma, high school transcript or a General Equivalency Diploma (“GED”), in the English language. The Don Roberts School of Hair Design does not accept Ability to Benefit (“ATB”) students. The Indiana Education Department recognizes state registered home school programs with a state ID that is recorded on their official diplomas.
If high school information appears to be questionable an official transcript will be requested and evaluated by the director of admissions prior to enrolling the student. Particular attention shall be paid to situations involving online programs, older adult learners, or in situations where several students from the same online school have sought enrollment.
Upon receipt, the director of admissions shall review the transcript with particular attention to the student’s date of entry and graduation date. Sufficient time lapse should occur between such dates.
If the high school information cannot be verified, the student will be required to take and pass a GED test prior to enrollment.
Each program requires a $100 non-refundable application fee. The cost per program includes; tuition, books and equipment, and one student ID. Miscellaneous charges are applicable throughout the program and are estimated to be $200.00. Broken or misplaced equipment is to be replaced immediately, at the expense of the student.
In addition to financial aid, this school accepts cash, money orders, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit cards as acceptable methods of payment. This school also offer private payment plan for those who qualify.
Full cost breakdown located in our School Catalog.
Orientation and Professionalism
Orientation by definition is a person’s basic attitude, beliefs, or feelings in relation to a particular subject or issue. It can be a preview of what is to be. It is a means of guidance or direction.
The dictionary defines professionalism as attitudes, characteristics, or behaviors that are not explicitly part of the profession’s core of knowledge and technical skill, but that are required for success in the profession.
Interesting blend of two words. These two words are key to a successful career in the cosmetology and all related areas of study.
- Orientation is required prior to enrollment.
- Enrollment occurs after orientation; in which direction or guidance has been received.
- Professionalism is a set of attitudes or behaviors that are not part of the skill set of a craft, but are a requirement of successful employment.
- Skill Sets of the craft are obtained after the experience of learning and practice
Our expectation, with each new enrollee, is that professionalism will begin at orientation and skill set will come with practice; over and over again.
Prior to enrollment all students are required to attend an orientation. The purpose of this orientation is to provide career direction, the objective of the applicable program, conditions of successful completion and licensure, rules of enrollment, and consumer information that defines our success as a school.
To initiate your orientation process you must review this web site, specific to, but not limited to the school catalog and Student Handbook. It will provide an immense amount of consumer information to you. It is our way of helping you become familiar with our expectations of you as a student as well as what you are to expect from us as a post-secondary institution.
You will also be invited to physically attend a one hour on campus orientation/TBD that will allow you to
- Tour the campus and meet staff
- Understand the expectations and benefits of the Choice Scholarship
- Ask questions and clarify your concerns
As we move forward, Show us your smile.
This is a scholarship that is student driven. The amount of scholarship awarded is dependent upon your effort.
- $9,000.00 awarded in 2018
This program is afforded to only those students that make a choice to work hard and excel in three specific areas
- Assigned Work
95% GPA Required
Recipients of the Choice Scholarship are able to sit for licensing prior to graduation.
It ranges in value from $ 100 to $2,000; program length dependent.
The cash scholarship has been used to offset licensing expenses, educational expenses; day car, gas, food, etc.
It is offered to all undergraduate programs, cosmetology, barber, esthetics, and manicuring.
- You make the chose to put the effort into your training.
- You earn the scholarship.
- You determine the scholarship value.
- The more effort you make, the greater the reward.
Details About Our Education …
Graduation Rate – 83.72% (Rates. Jan 1, 2018 – Dec 31, 2018)
Licensing Rate – 100% (Rates. Jan 1, 2018 – Dec 31, 2018)
Placement Rate – 75% (Rates. Jan 1, 2018 – Dec 31, 2018)
Fiscal Year 2015 3-Year Draft Cohort Default Rate 4.2%
Understand What and When YOU Learn Best.
Every student learns differently and may embrace more than one learning style.
- Do you like to Take Notes?
- Do you like to Problem Solve?
- Do you need to hear, see or do it?
- Do you like being socially interactive?
- Do you like to use things to help you remember?
Identify what fits for you.
- Visual/Need to see it
- Auditory/Need to hear it
- Verbal/Need to say it
- Physical/Need to do it
- Logical/Need to make sense of it
- Social/Need to share it
- Solitary/Need to keep it
Class Room Learning Tips/Instructor Driven
- Survey/Lessons and study guides.
- Question/Learn and understand your material, ask questions; do not memorize.
- Read/Read actively and question what you read. Read for main ideas and important details.
- Recite/Stop at intervals and recite the material; new headings in your own words,
- Review/Reread material to refresh your memory.
- Use your notes/study guides.
- Underlining and Taking Notes/Both techniques should not clutter your mind;
- Do NOT underline in the first reading/Take notes in outline form
Distance Learning Tips/Self Driven/Self- Paced
- Get prepared and make a plan.
- Organize your study space. There’s no right or wrong place to study
- Get familiar with your course
- Discover your learning style.
- Set study goals.
- Review your work regularly.
- Stay Motivated/Think Positive/Look after yourself.
Link here to identify your learning type
It is the responsibility of the student to visit the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency web site.